If you’re considering a transformation of your smile, porcelain veneers are a worthwhile cosmetic treatment choice. The way you wear your smile goes a long way in portraying a good first impression. Porcelain veneers serve to deliver this along with hiding any niggling flaws and imperfections that degrade your smile.
Whilst porcelain veneers are a great cosmetic choice, like many other cosmetic treatments, it is important you’re prepared for them.
The Important Points
Here are the important points patients considering porcelain veneers need to know before going ahead with veneer treatment:
- Treatment Is Spread Across More Than One Appointment – Dental veneers require a customized development to change your smile. The thin-shaped porcelain shell needs to be custom-moulded to ensure the shell fits the front surface of your teeth for a smile you can be proud of. This process is completed as part of the initial consultation and the veneer fitting is spread to a second appointment.
- Treatment Requires You To Wear Temporary Veneers – Whilst the permanent veneers are being made, temporary veneers will be administered whilst this happens. The temporary veneers help the patient get used to wearing veneers and show how their smile will be improved. This will help the permanent veneers fit in smoothly once ready.
- Treatment Requires Enamel Being Removed – A small portion of enamel is required which will help understand the thickness of the veneer required. The enamel helps to determine the shape and structure of the veneer and protect them when fitted.
- Veneers May Need Future Replacement – Veneers can last for a long time as long they’re well looked after. However, you should expect that veneers need to be replaced. Ensure that they don’t need frequent replacements by adopting good oral health habits and hygiene.
- Treatment Hides Any Wear-And-Tear – A great thing about porcelain veneers is it hides any niggling concerns you have on your teeth such as chips and cracks that degrade your smile. When smiling in public, the niggling concerns are unnoticeable.
- Treatment Is Dependent On Your Oral Health – As part of the initial examination, the dentist will determine the state of your teeth to ensure you’re eligible for dental veneers. If teeth are severely decayed or damaged beyond repair, you’ll be recommended other forms of treatment such as tooth extraction.
Do you have porcelain veneers fitted? Read here to find out if your veneers need to be placed
Porcelain veneers deliver that Hollywood smile to your appearance. They can give you a brand-new smile in a matter of weeks. Veneers are highly successful in delivering happy and healthy smiles.
If you’re considering porcelain veneers to transform the quality of your smile, Simply Dental is ready to serve you. Contact us here and check yourself in with our excelling dental team now!