Whether you’re dissatisfied with your current dentist and are seeking a new dentist, or you’re a new patient visiting the dentist after a long time. Either way, it can be nerve-wracking to visit a new dental clinic for the first time. However, knowing what to expect can go some way to relieving you from anxiety to help you feel more relaxed upon your first appointment. Visiting a new dentist has proven to be a stressful experience for many patients. Going in prepared will help you settle quickly.
The Five Tips
We’ve picked out for five tips to take with you upon your first visit to your new dentist:
- Make You Feel Welcome – Ultimately, a patient who visits a dentist will want to feel welcome in the practice decreasing any nerves. The dentist will make sure you’re relaxed and comfortable in the dental chair. At this point, you will have been registered as a new patient.
- Viewing Your Medical History – Once you’re registered as a new patient, the dentist will look to understand the state of your oral health, including any dental treatments completed if you’ve visited a previous dentist. The dentist has an obligation to obtain these records. The dentist will carry out an examination of your mouth, gums and teeth and ask you any questions relating to your oral health, such as whether you’ve experienced any health problems recently.
- Perform A Dental Examination – Once the formalities are complete, the dentist then begins to assess your oral health with a dental examination. They will check for any problems, pain or sensitivity and examine the gums for signs of redness or inflammation. During the exam, the dentist may ask whether you’ve experienced any toothaches or other cosmetic concerns. As part of the examination, the dentist may also administer scale-and-polish treatment to clean your teeth.
- Set Up A Treatment Plan – Once the examination is complete, the dentist will administer a treatment plan to better look after your teeth at home. This includes hygiene tips to take away such as brushing and flossing teeth, recommended lifestyle changes and food diet.
- Schedule Your Next Appointment – The appointment is complete at this stage, and the dentist will then schedule you in for your next check-up appointment. Scheduled appointments usually consist of every 6 months and it is important that you keep up with your appointments. The dentists are best placed to understand the state of your teeth and the next steps.
Read here on how you can benefit from our check-up and clean procedure
Your first dental visit is all about settling you into a new dental clinic and surroundings. If it’s identified that your teeth are not in the right condition, the dentist will support you with recommended dental treatments to improve your oral health and restore your smile. If your examination passes without any major concern, the appointment will only take a small amount of time.
If you’re in need of a new dental practice to look after your teeth, contact Simply Dental. Simply Dental is ready to deliver that smile transformation you’ve been looking for. Simply get in touch and begin your dental journey with us.